The power of the house call
- Imagine the scenario of the typical appointment: You know it well- getting in your car, driving to your doctor, waiting, browsing on your phone so you feel you’re not wasting time, being treated for 4-7 minutes, then driving back home.
- Invested time: 50 minutes
- Treatment time 7 minutes.
- Now imagine a house call: This is a scenario you may be less familiar with – You’re working at home or your office. I show up, set up, treat you for 20-30 minutes and leave.
- Invested time: 40 minutes
- Treatment time 20-30 minutes
- You were treated head to toe, then immediately resume your day.
- You’re taking better care of yourself without adding an errand, without facing traffic, without getting out in the heat, snow, rain, maybe without even putting on your shoes!
Structural Correction: What I do is different
Advanced Biostructural Correction (ABC) is a technique based on the premise that the primary subluxations patients have that need to be treated are anterior, which means that they need to be moved backwards to be corrected. This is the opposite of a traditional chiropractic technique where adjustments are done with the patient lying face down on a table and the practitioner pushes down on the spine. Most ABC adjustments are done standing up against the wall and pushing parts of your body backwards. If you’ve ever been to a chiropractor before, you know this is a much different approach to care.
Understand the following simple premise: each vertebra has lots of muscles and ligaments attached to it that can pull it in a variety of directions, however it has no muscles or other attachments to help pull it in a backwards motion. Since the body is a self-correcting organism, if a vertebra were to move out of place backwards or sideways it has an innate mechanism to pull it back into proper alignment with reasonable effort using the muscles that are attached on the front and sides. This is something that your body does automatically. But imagine if a vertebra were to fall forward the body actually has no mechanism to correct it and pull it backwards into the optimal position. This is where the ABC approach helps your body! It is an approach that assists your body by moving those vertebra BACK into alignment that your body cannot correct on it’s own because it has no muscle that can pull it backward!
How do you know if you have a vertebra that’s stuck forward?
Below is a list of some common indicators:
- Feeling “hunched over” – compressing the chest area (heart, lungs, esophagus)
- Head that rests in front of your body – leading to neck and shoulder pain or stiffness and/or headaches
- Forward Rounded shoulders – leading to tight muscles and knots in the upper back
- Abdomen protruding forward – leading to low back pain
- Hyperlordotic lumbar spine – the low back has a larger than normal curve
- Increased tension in other areas of the body – which may contribute to experiencing:
- Foot, leg or knee pain
- Elbow, shoulder, hand pain
- Knots in your muscles
- Tight muscles
Having these forward stuck vertebra corrected relaxes tension and promotes ease in the body which can have a tremendous impact. Easier breathing, less tension, less pain, and your body is able to stand up almost effortlessly which allows you to use that freed up energy for more rewarding activities!
“Disease is a disturbed condition, not a thing or an entity.” – DD Palmer